Are you uploading a statement into a bank or credit card account that already exists in your account? If so, just follow the instructions below. If not, you need to do a quick setup step first.
1. Go to your online banking site and download a statement to your computer.
2. Click Transactions in the menu on the left side of your screen.
3. Click on Upload a bank statement on the upper right side of the Transactions page.
4. Under Statement, click Choose File and locate the statement you downloaded from your bank to your computer.
5. In the Payment Account menu, select the account you want your transactions to go into.
6. Now click Upload.
Note: If there are no currency codes in the statement, Wave will record all of the transactions in the currency of the account you are uploading your statement in to.
7. You will be taken to the CSV import page where you will be asked a series of questions to ensure the data in your bank statement is accurately imported into Wave. On the Select date page, choose the column with the date Wave should assign to each transaction. For example, if you're uploading a bank statement, you should select the date you made the purchase (the transaction date). If you're uploading a credit card statement, you should select the date the bank took the money from the credit card (the posting date). If there is only one column in your file, Wave will make a selection for you. Click Confirm date to continue.
8. On the Select amounts page, you'll be asked to choose the column with the amounts you either paid into or charged to your account. If you're uploading a statement for a checking account, click on the column with amounts representing deposits, such as a check you deposited. If you're uploading a statement for a credit card, click on the column with the amounts representing charges to the account, such as a purchase you made on your card. Click Confirm amounts to continue.
9. On the Select description page, choose the column with the best description for your transactions. This will help you identify them after they're imported into Wave. Click Select description to continue.
10. On the Confirm import page, make sure columns are highlighted correctly. If you need to change the date, amount or description columns that are highlighted, you can click on any the Select date, Select amount or Select description headers to make your changes.
You're done! Your transactions will be imported into Wave.