Your Transactions page is kind of like your home base in Wave. It’s where your data lives and where you can view, modify, and manage the transactions in your various accounts. We'll run through the upgrades and changes for this page here.
If you’re an experienced user of the Transactions page already, you may notice a few changes:
- Clicking the More button will open up a drop-down menu containing the option to add a journal transaction, connect your bank, or upload a bank statement.
- When you add a new transaction or select one you’ve created, a detail panel will open up on the right side of the page. Using this menu, you’ll be able to specify the transaction type (Deposit or Withdrawal), the account it belongs to, and the category to which it is assigned. You can also include a sales tax and split the transaction from here.
You can read more about the changes to the categorization process here.
- New accounts can be added from the Chart of Accounts page under the Accounting tab, while any new sales taxes can be added in the Sales Taxes page in the Settings menu.
- You can now find your transactions more easily by clicking the Filters button at the top of the page. You can also filter by specific account by clicking on the account drop-down in the top left corner of the page.
- You may also notice that there are no longer numbered pages. Instead, you’re able to use filters to speedily view any historical transactions. If you want to view more transactions on a single page, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Load More Transactions.
This article has been shortened and formatted to display in a small window. Read the full article in our Help Center.