If you made one lump sum payment for a number of items that belong in different categories, or if a customer paid you a single check to cover several invoices, you'll need to split the Transaction and account for each part separately.
To split a transaction:
- Click on Accounting in the menu on the left side of your screen and select Transactions.
- From your Transactions list, find and select the one which you would like to split, and click Split this Transaction/Withdrawal/Deposit
- You'll now have two splits for your original transaction.
- Enter an Amount for the first part of the split.
- Enter an Amount for the second part of the split and ensure the two parts equal to the total of the original transaction.
- If you want to split the transaction more ways, click the button below the split to add a row. A new line will appear.
- When you are finished, click Save/Split transaction.
You're done! For screenshots and step-by-step guides,