If you are uploading a statement into a payment account that already exists in Wave, just follow the instructions below. If not, you need to do a quick setup step first.
- First, go to your online banking site and download a statement to your computer. Wave can accept the following structured file types:
- Microsoft Money (.OFX)
- QuickBooks (.QBO)
- Quicken (.QFX)
- Simply Accounting (.ASO)
If none of these file types are available from your online banking site, Wave also allows you to support Comma-Separated Variable (.CSV) files. This is a more complex option, so please try to use one of the four file formats listed above.Learn more about downloading a statement from your bank.
- Click on Accounting on the left side of your screen and select Transactions.
- At the top right-hand corner of your screen, find and click on Upload a bank statement.
- Click Choose File near Statement and locate the statement you already downloaded from your bank to your computer.
- In the Payment Account field, select the appropriate account. Your statement must be in the same currency as the account you're importing into.
- Now click Upload. The process will do its thing for a few seconds. You can leave this page and come back later if you want.
For screenshots and step-by-step guides,