- Click on Sales on the left-hand side of your screen and select Invoices.
- Click Create an Invoice.
- Edit the header above the Customer section of the Invoice.
- In the next section:
- Choose an Invoice number.
- Select a Customer by clicking on Add customer.
- Choose a Date for the invoice, a Due Date for payment, and a P.O./S.O.
- Click Add an Item to add the product or service.
- Select a Currency from the drop-down menu next to the Total.
- Add Notes to the Invoice if required. For example, payment info, deposit info, etc.
- Expand the Footer section at the bottom of the page to edit it.
- Click Save and Continue to save the invoice as a Draft. This action will not make any changes to your accounting.
- Approve Draft once you are satisfied with the invoice. This will allow you to send the invoice and changes can still be made after this point. Approving the draft will make the necessary changes to your accounting.
For screenshots and additional details, please click View original article below.