How to change the tax deducted from an employee's paycheque

This article applies to Wave Payroll in Canada.

Follow these steps to change the amount of tax that is deducted from an employee's paycheque:

  1. Click Payroll, then Employees in the left-hand navigation menu.
  2. Click on the pen icon next to the employee's name.
  3. On the left-hand menu click on Tax Details. 
  4. In the Federal claim field enter the amount listed on Line 13 of your employee's federal Personal Tax Credits Return form. We've filled in the default amounts for you. 
  5. In the Provincial claim field enter the amount listed on Line 12 of your employee's provincial/territorial Personal Tax Credits Return form.
  6. You can also deduct additional tax, or exempt your employee from federal or provincial tax by clicking Show boxes from the back page.
  7. After each change, make sure you click Update.

You're done! Both federal and provincial tax amounts have been updated and will be reflected on your employee's next paycheque. 

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 4 found this helpful