This article is for Payroll by Wave in Canada.
Follow these instructions to edit an employee's salary. You can schedule this change to take effect either immediately or at a later date.
- Click on Payroll, then Employees in the menu at the left side of your screen. Locate the employee and click the pen icon to the right of their name.
- Choose Salary from the menu on the left then click Change salary.
- Enter your employee's new wage in the Salary amount field.
- In the As of field, enter the date you would like the new wage to take effect. If the change in wage is effective immediately, enter today's date. If you would like the wage to change at a future date, enter the date the employee's new wage should begin.
- Click Update to save your changes.
- For your records, all changes made to your employee's salary will be recorded under Salary History at the bottom of the page.
You're done! The new wage will be reflected in your payroll on the selected date.