We know that you may not be the only one responsible for tracking receipts for your business. In the new Receipts App, collaborators can upload receipts into a Wave account right from their phones!
Please note that if you don't already have a Wave account, you will need to create you will need to create one before signing in in the mobile app. You can sign up here.
Before you begin, please note that collaborators are not limited to viewing any single tool in your account. If you would like to invite a collaborator to use the Mobile Receipts App, keep in mind that they will also be authorized to view most of the information in your Wave business. You should only invite collaborators who are authorized to see this information. You can read more details about collaborator access here.
You can add trusted individuals, such as your accountant, bookkeeper, business partner, or an employee as a collaborator on your Wave account.
You add a collaborator separately for your business finances and your personal finances. That means:
- A collaborator on your business will not see your personal finances
- A collaborator on personal finances will not see your business finances
- If you want someone to collaborate on both personal and business, you must grant them access twice (one on each profile)
- If you run multiple businesses in Wave, you control each one separately. If you want one person (an accountant, for example) to have access to more than one business, you will need to grant separate access for each one.
If you need to add a collaborator to your Payroll account, please take a look at our help article here.
How to add a collaborator to your business:
- Login to Wave on your desktop or laptop computer. You cannot add a collaborator from the Mobile App.
- Make sure you have selected the correct business. To confirm which business you are currently viewing, look at the name in the upper left-hand corner.
- Select Settings from the left hand navigation menu, and then scroll down to select Collaborators under User Management.
- Click the Add a Collaborator button on the top right hand corner of the page.
- Enter your collaborator's First Name, Last Name, and email address. Then, select the access you would like to give to your collaborator. You can also provide a message to your collaborator. Click Save.
- Wave will send an email to your collaborator inviting them to create an account. If you go to Settings > Collaborators, you'll be able to see the invited Collaborator in the Pending Collaborators list.
- If your collaborator is not already using Wave, they'll be directed to choose a password, and choose a currency for their personal account.
- If your collaborator is already a Wave customer, they can choose Sign In.
- If you need to allow access to multiple businesses, you should repeat the steps above for each business that you wish to add your collaborator too.
How to select the business you want to upload receipts for:
Once a collaborator has accepted the invitation, they will be able to upload receipts to your business from the Receipts App.
- Open the Receipts App and tap the Settings cog in the upper right hand corner.
- Select Switch Business from the Settings screen.
- Choose the Business that you would like to upload receipts for. You will see a blue check mark next to the Business that is currently selected.
How to remove or edit collaborator access:
You can edit collaborator access or remove a collaborator at any time.
- Go to Settings > User Management > Collaborators.
- To edit collaborator access, click on the pencil icon. To remove a collaborator, click on the trash can icon.
- From the Edit Collaborator Access page, you can choose the new Access Type for your collaborator. Make sure to click the Save Changes button.
You're all set up! Now the collaborator can upload receipts, and you can manage their access.