We know that you may not be the only one responsible for tracking receipts for your business. In the new receipts app, other users of your account can upload receipts into a Wave account right from their phones!
Please note that if you don't already have a Wave account, you will need to create you will need to create one before signing in in the mobile app. You can sign up here.
Before you begin, please note that users are not limited to viewing any single tool in your account. If you would like to invite someone to use the Mobile Receipts App, keep in mind that they will also be authorized to view most of the information in your Wave business. You should only invite users who are authorized to see this information. You can read more details about user management here.
You can add trusted individuals, such as your accountant, bookkeeper, business partner, or an employee as a user to your Wave account.
You add a user separately for your business finances and your personal finances. That means:
- A user on your business will not see your personal finances
- A user on personal finances will not see your business finances
- If you want someone to access both personal and business, you must grant them access twice (one on each profile)
- If you run multiple businesses in Wave, you control each one separately. If you want one person (an accountant, for example) to have access to more than one business, you will need to grant separate access for each one.
If you need to add a user to your Payroll account, please take a look at our help article here.
How to add a user to your business:
- Login to Wave on your desktop or laptop computer. You cannot add a user from the mobile app.
- Make sure you have selected the correct business. To confirm which business you are currently viewing, look at the name in the upper left-hand corner.
- Select Settings from the left hand navigation menu, and then select Users under User Management.
- Click Invite an Editor or Invite a Viewer.
- Enter their First Name, Last Name, and email address, and their position with your business. Click Invite User.
- Wave will send an email to the new user inviting them to create an account. Under Settings > User Management, you'll be able to see the invited user in the Users list.
- If the user is not already using Wave, they'll be directed to choose a password, and choose a currency for their personal account.
- If the user is already a Wave customer, they can choose Sign In.
- If you need to allow access to multiple businesses, you should repeat the steps above for each business that you wish to add users too.
How to select the business you want to upload receipts for:
Once a user has accepted the invitation, they will be able to upload receipts to your business from the Receipts App.
- Open the Receipts App and tap the Settings cog in the upper right hand corner.
- Select Switch Business from the Settings screen.
- Choose the Business that you would like to upload receipts for. You will see a blue check mark next to the Business that is currently selected.
How to remove or edit user access:
You can edit user access or remove a user at any time.
- Go to Settings > User Management > Users.
- To edit access, click on the pencil icon. To remove a user, click on the trash can icon.
- From the Edit Access page, you can choose the new Access Type for the user. Make sure to click the Save Changes button.