Payroll by Wave offers an additional Tax Service for several states within the US. With this service, Wave can pay and file your state and federal taxes when you activate your Payroll account. All you have to do is sign up, and we’ll take it from there!
What states are supported by Tax Service?
Wave’s Tax Service is currently available in five US states: California, Florida, Illinois, New York, Texas, and Washington.
What payments will the Tax Service team make?
- IRS-WH – Federal Income Tax, Social Security, Medicare
- IRS-FUTA – Federal Unemployment Tax
- California State Tax
- California SDI (State Disability Insurance)
- California State Unemployment Tax
- Florida Department of Revenue Tax
- State Unemployment Tax
- State Income Tax Withholding
- New York State Withholding Tax
- New York State Unemployment Tax
- Texas Workers Compensation
- Washington State Unemployment Tax
- Washington State Industrial Insurance
What forms will the Tax Service team file?
- Form 941 – Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return, OR, depending on filing frequency, Form 944 – Employer's Annual Federal Tax Return
- Form 940 – Employer's Annual Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return
- W-2/W-3 – Year end filing to Social Security Administration (SSA)
Wave provides Schedule H, which your employee attaches to Form 1040 (US individual income tax return) when filing an income tax return. Wave does not provide Forms 941 or 944 at present.
You're a household employer if you pay someone to perform duties in your home, like a nanny, a housekeeper, a personal assistant, or a gardener.
- DE 9 – Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages
- DE 9C – Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (Continuation)
- RT-6 – Florida Department of Revenue Employer's Quarterly Report
- Form IL-941 – Illinois Withholding Income Tax Return
- Form UI-3/40 – Employer's Contribution and Wage Report
- Form W-2 – State copy
- Form NYS-45 – Quarterly Combined Withholding, Wage Reporting and Unemployment Insurance Return
- Texas Employer's Quarterly Wage Report
- EMS 5208 A Quarterly Unemployment Insurance - Tax Summary
- EMS 5208 B Quarterly Unemployment Insurance - Wage Detail
- F212-055-000 Worker's Compensation Employer's Quarterly Report
How much does Tax Service cost?
If you are located in a state supported by Tax Service, your full Payroll subscription will include a $35 base fee, plus $4 per employee per approved payroll per month.
As of October 2017, Tax Service is “opt out” for employers, meaning Tax Service will be set up automatically once you activate your Payroll subscription – but you can choose to cancel this service at any time.