This guide will walk you through how to add a Wave Checkout to your Wordpress website, so your clients can pay you in advance.
Checkout works best when you use it to collect payment for a fixed cost service.
- Open the Backend Editor of your Wordpress website, and find the page, post, or widget on your site that lists the services you'd like to collect orders for. In this case, we’re a portrait photographer using a new page to sell a service.
- Click Add New to add a new page that offers a new service.
- Add your service details, including the title and a description that will help your customer make a purchasing decision. Details might include when the service will take place, cancellation policies, expected wait time before a customer will be contacted, etc.
- When you’re ready to link to your Wave Checkout, highlight the text you want customers to click to submit an order. Click the link icon shown in the image below to add your checkout to the page.
- Copy the link provided to you by Wave, and paste it in the field show below.
- Once you have clicked the button to confirm the link, your page will be linked to your Wave Checkout. The last step you’ll need to take is to publish the changes you’ve made so that they are live on your website.
That’s it! You are now ready to start collecting orders directly from your website.