Generate a report
- Log in to your Wave account at waveapps.com.
- In the left navigation menu, click Reports.
- Click the dropdown menu beside period and select the period you want a report for:
- Current Quarter generates a report for the current financial quarter.
- Previous Quarter generates a report for the previous financial quarter.
- Other (please specify) generates a report for a custom period, determined by the start and end dates entered.
- Click Generate Report.
Understanding your report
The Payroll Wage & Tax Report provides a breakdown of wage and payroll tax amounts over a specified period for employees. The information is used to make tax payments and complete filings.
Employers enrolled in payroll tax service can refer to Tax Service with Wave for a complete list of payments and filings Wave submits on your behalf.
The generated report initially displays the employer wage and tax summary for the selected period.
Select an employee’s name from the employees list to the left of the report to see individuals’ earnings, taxes, and hours worked. Employers with a lot of employees can also type an employee’s name in the search field rather than scrolling through the list.
Download your report
If you need a copy of your wage & tax report, you can save it to your computer as a .pdf file by clicking the Download PDF button at the top of the report. The report you download contains the employer summary, as well as all employee information for the selected period.
If you need information on benefits and deductions reporting, see Payroll Benefits and Deductions Report.
To learn more about reporting in Wave, check out Understanding your Reports page.