If you have a business profile you no longer use that is cluttering your Wave space, you can archive it to remove it from your view. Please read what must be done before you can archive your business, then follow the steps below:
Things that must be done before you can archive your business
- If you have a bank account connected to the business you want to archive, you need to delete the connection. To do this, go to Banking > Connected Accounts and select the trash can icon beside your connection. You can then reconnect the bank account to any business that is not archived.
- Any integration must be removed. To do this, go to Integrations and select the X beside any active integrations.
- If you have Payroll account associated with the business you are archiving, the Payroll account must be put on hold.
- If you set up Wave Payments to receive credit card payments, this must be turned off.
- Scheduled recurring invoices must be ended.
Once you've done the above, you're ready to archive your business. Note: If you are missing something, we will let you know with a message!
- Click on your business name in the top left corner of your screen. Click Manage your profile in the drop-down menu.
- Select Businesses on the left-hand side.
- Click the edit pen beside the business you want to archive.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see the red button to Archive.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to archive the business. After you have successfully archived a business, you can restore the business at any time. To restore an archived business, select the restore icon.
Understand exactly what happens when you archive a business:
- Once the business is archived, all users and invited users to that business are removed.
- The business will be hidden from the left-hand navigation menu, and moved to the Archived Business header in your business list.
- No financial information is deleted by archiving a business.
You cannot archive your personal business.