If you have a business profile you no longer use that is cluttering your Wave space, you can archive it to remove it from your view. Please read what must be done before you can archive your business, then follow the steps below:
Things that must be done before you can archive your business
- If you have a bank account connected to the business you want to archive, you need to delete the connection. To do this, go to Integrations> View Bank Connections and select the X beside your connection. You can then reconnect the bank account to any business that is not archived.
- Any integration, such as Paypal, Shoeboxed, or Etsy, has to be deleted. To do this, go to Integrations and select the X beside your integration.
- If you have Payroll associated to the business you are archiving, the Payroll account has to be put on hold.
- If you set up Payments by Wave to receive credit card payments, this has to be disconnected.
- Scheduled recurring invoices must be deleted. The invoices that have already been created from a recurring schedule do not need to be deleted.
Once you have ensured that you have everything ready to go, you're ready to go through the steps. Note: If you are missing something, we will let you know with a message!
- Click on your business name in the top left corner of your screen. Click Manage your profile in the drop-down menu.
- Select Businesses on the left-hand side.
- Click the edit pen beside the business you want to archive.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see the red button to Archive.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to archive the business. After you have successfully archived, you can restore it at any time! To restore your archived business, select the restore icon.
Understand exactly what happens when you archive a business:
- Once the business is archived, all collaborators and pending collaborators to that business are removed.
- The business will be hidden from menus such as the business switcher and move to.
- No financial information is deleted by archiving a business.
Note that you cannot archive a personal tab.