If you have a business profile you no longer use that is cluttering your Wave space, you can archive it to remove it from your view. Read on for the steps you may need to take before you can archive a business, then follow the instructions below.
Steps to take before you can archive your business
- If you have a bank account connected to the business you want to archive, delete the connection. To do this, go to Banking > Connected Accounts and select the trash can icon beside your connection. You have the option to reconnect the bank account to businesses that are not archived.
- Remove any integrations you have set up. To do this, go to Integrations and select the X beside any active integrations.
- If you have a Payroll account associated with the business you are archiving, the Payroll subscription must be canceled.
- If you set up Wave Payments to receive credit card payments, turn this off.
- End all scheduled recurring invoices. To end a recurring invoice, navigate to Sales & Payments > Recurring Invoices, click on the dropdown arrow to the right of the invoice, and select End from the menu.
Once you've done the above, you're ready to archive your business. If you missed a step, we will let you know with a message!
You cannot archive your personal profile.
- Once the business is archived, all users and invited users to that business are removed.
- The business will be hidden from the dropdown menu on the top left of your Wave account, and moved to the Archived Business section on the Businesses page, under Manage your Profile.
- No financial information is deleted by archiving a business.
How to archive a business
- Click on your business name in the top left corner of your screen, and select Manage your profile from the drop-down menu.
- Select Businesses on the left-hand side.
- Click the edit icon beside the business you want to archive.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and select the red Archive button.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to archive the business.
After you have successfully archived a business, you can restore the business at any time through Manage your profile > Businesses. To restore an archived business, select the Restore button beside the business name.
If you have followed the steps above and still see a message to disconnect payments before you can archive your business, this is due to a technical issue which we don’t have a fix for at the moment. However, there is a workaround to move the business you want to archive to the bottom of your list of businesses, to avoid confusion;
- Click on your business name in the top left corner of your Wave account, and select Manage your profile.
- Click Businesses, then select the pencil icon next to the business you want to archive.
- Rename the business to start with the letter Z, and click Save.
- Click Businesses again to view the list of your businesses.
- Select the star icon beside the business you want to set as your default primary business, and confirm.