Staying on top of your accounting doesn't have to take up your entire life (or one very long weekend per year). Here are some tips!
- Connect your bank account - This will automatically import transactions into Wave. It saves loads of time from manual entry.
- Upload bank statements - If you can't connect (or don't want to) uploading past statements is still a great option.
- Bulk categorization is a huge time-saver! Even if you only log in once a week, this will make quick work of your transactions.
- Verify transactions you have categorized and know are correct.
- Reconcile your bank accounts as often as you can. This doesn't have to be a once-a-month thing.
- When troubleshooting any problems, have one tab open with your reports and another tab with your transactions page. This will help you minimize time clicking between windows.
- Use the date filter options to narrow your search and reduce clutter.
Congratulations on getting your accounts set up on Wave!