The Transactions page is where all your transactions are stored. You can create, filter, sort, and edit your transactions here. On the left-side menu, click Accounting > Transactions to view the Transactions page.
The Transactions page is only available in the web browser version of Wave. To view the Transactions page, first log in to your Wave account at waveapps.com.
Overview of the Transactions page
1: Account dropdown menu to select an account and view it’s balance and transactions
2: Auto-updates feed to track any automatic categorizations, merges, or automatically created transactions from scanned receipts. Learn more in Automated bookkeeping with auto-updates.
3: Add Income, Add Expense, and More buttons
4: Select All check box for bulk selecting transactions
5: Actions you can take on selected transactions, including Delete, Edit, Merge, and Review
6: Options to Filter, Sort, and Search your transactions
7: Transaction options dropdown menu to Edit more details, Upload receipt or Delete a transaction.
8: Mark as reviewed to mark your transactions as reviewed once you verify them
The Transactions page allows for inline editing. You can click on the Description, Account, Category, or Amount fields to edit them, without having to navigate to the transaction detail view. Hit the tab key to move across the editable fields. The Transactions page is also responsive across desktops, tablets, and mobiles.
Tips for best use of the Transactions page
- Categorize your transactions to ensure your books are balanced and everything is accounted for.
- Review your transactions to ensure that your accounting is up to date.
- Don't forget to account for sales taxes (especially if the tax is recoverable).
How to use the Transactions page
Filter transactions by clicking the Filter button at the top right of the page. There are six kinds of filters:
1: Filter by Category to view transactions under a selected category
2: Filter by Status to view transactions that are Reviewed or Unreviewed
3: Filter by Types, to view a specific type of transaction: Deposit, Withdrawal, or Journal transactions
4: Filter using the Receipt filter. Select From scan to view transactions created from a receipt scanned using the mobile app, Any receipt attached to view transactions with attachments, or No receipts attached to view transactions without attachments.
5: Filter by date range to view all the transactions within a specific timeframe
6: Filter by Wave auto-updates. Select Categorizations to view automatically categorized transactions, Merges to view automatically merged transactions, and Scanned receipts to view transactions automatically created from receipts scanned using the mobile app.
7: Filter by last modified date range to view all the transactions modified within a specific timeframe
- Sort: You can sort transactions based on the date from newest to oldest or oldest to newest by clicking on the Sort button on the top right of the Transactions page.
- Search: You can search by description to find a specific transaction, by clicking the Search button at the top right of the page.
- Add Transactions: Click on the Add Income or Add Expense buttons at the top right to create a new Withdrawal or Deposit for your business.
- Add Journal Transactions: Journal transactions are for more complex accounting entries that you cannot complete with a simple transaction (for example, opening balances, long-term asset or liability entries, adjustment entries, payroll entries). To create a journal entry, click on the More button at the top right of the Transactions page, then select Add journal transaction.
- Connect Your Bank or Upload a Bank Statement: Save time on your transactions data entry by automatically importing your transactions, by connecting your bank account to Wave. Alternatively, manually export statements from your bank and upload them into Wave, or use Wave Connect to import transactions. Click More at the top right of the Transactions page, then select Connect your bank or Upload a statement.
- Categorize: Each transaction you enter needs to be categorized. Indicate what type of transaction it is, what account it belongs to, and if it's tied to an invoice or bill to keep your bookkeeping accurate. To categorize a transaction, click on the category field of the transaction. You will see a list of accounts you can select from. If you don't see the account you want, you can create a custom account by selecting the option Add a new category at the bottom of the list. This will create a new account under your Chart of Accounts.
- Assign Sales Taxes: If you are being charged tax for your purchases, or charging taxes on your sales, you can manually assign taxes to your transactions. To create a new sales tax, check out How to add a sales tax.
- Split: To assign a transaction to multiple categories in your Wave account, you can split the transaction.
- Add attachments: To upload a receipt or add an attachment, click on the dropdown menu to the right of a transaction and select Upload Receipt. Learn more about uploading receipts here.
- Add Notes: In the transaction detail pop-up box, use the Notes section to add notes to your transactions.
- Delete: To delete a transaction, click the dropdown arrow to the right of the transaction, and select Delete. You can also select the checkbox to the left of the transaction, and click the trashcan icon at the top of the page.
After clicking delete, you’ll be asked to confirm you want to delete the transactions because you can’t undo deleting a transaction. However, you can still add it back into your Wave account by uploading a bank statement, using Wave Connect, or re-creating it manually by clicking Add income or Add expense on the Transactions page.