It's easy to view, edit or delete an Invoice. Whichever you need to do, it starts with clicking on Invoices in the menu at the left side of your screen...
To view an invoice:
- Find the invoice you want to view and click the arrow button to the right of the invoice status. The arrow will appear when you move your cursor over the invoice line. Select View from the drop-down menu.
- You can also click anywhere on the customer's name, the total/amount due, invoice number etc. and you'll be taken to the same 'View' page.
- You'll be able to look through your entire invoice, Edit it, Duplicate it, Export it (PDF), make it Recurring, Delete it or Print it from this page.
To edit an invoice:
- To edit the invoice, you can either click the Edit Invoice button in the screenshot above, OR you can find it on the main Invoices page, click the drop-down arrow to the right and click Edit.
- You'll be able to edit any of the data you entered when creating the invoice. Make any necessary changes and click Save and Continue when you're done.
To delete an invoice:
- Find the invoice you want to delete and click the arrow button to the right of the status. The arrow will appear when you move your cursor over the invoice line. Select Delete from the drop-down menu.
- You will be prompted to confirm the deletion of this invoice. Click OK.
If an invoice has been paid through Wave Payments, and even if said invoice has been refunded, this invoice will not be deletable in order to preserve historical transaction data. If you need to write off an invoice instead, take a look at our guide here!