In Wave, a Customer is anyone you might issue an invoice to, provide a service to, or sell a product to. Essentially, customers are where your income comes from. A Customer may be a business or an individual.
There are two ways to add a Customer in Wave:
Add a Customer in your settings
- Click Sales in the left-hand side menu.
- Select Customers from the drop-down menu.
- On the Customers screen, click Add a customer.
- Fill out your customer information.
- Customer Name is the only required field.
- If you're sending your customer invoices, you should enter their Email address .
- Enter the first and last name of the person you send invoices to.
- Currency will match your default currency settings unless you change it. If you choose an alternate currency, the currency of the invoice will automatically update when you specify the customer.
- You can click the Toggle additional info link to see more options, and even specify a different shipping address.
- Click Save.
- You'll see your new customer listed on screen. Click the icons to edit the customer's information or to delete the customer.
Add a Customer while creating an invoice:
- From your main 'Invoices' page, click Create an Invoice
- Click Add a customer in the upper left
- Click Create a new customer
- Enter your customer's information. Note the additional tabs to enter information like, for example, a billing or shipping address, or alternate contact details.
- Click Save Your newly created customer will now be added to your invoice, and will be saved in Wave to use in the future.
If you have a lot of customers to add to Wave, use our Google Sheets add-on, Wave Connect, to easily import your customer list from a spreadsheet.