A Customer is anyone you sell your products or services to. Essentially, your income comes from your customers. In Wave, you can create and send invoices to a customer for the products and services you offer. A customer may be a business or an individual.
There are two ways to add a customer in Wave:
Add a customer from the Customers page
- Click Sales on the left navigation menu and select Customers.
- On the top right of the Customers page, click Add a customer.
- Fill out your customer information:
- Customer is the only required field, where you can enter the name of your customer.
- If you’re sending your customer invoices, you should enter in the first and last name of the person you send invoices to, and their email address, in the Primary contact field.
- If you have more than one contact detail for your customer, you can add additional names, email addresses, and phone numbers by selecting Add contact below the primary contact.
Having additional contacts for your customer will allow you to send invoices and receipts to more than one email address at a time, without having to enter the email again.
- Currency will match your default currency settings unless you change it. If you choose an alternate currency, the currency of the invoice will automatically update when you specify the customer.
- If you’re sending your customer a physical invoice or product, it may be helpful to also fill in the Billing and Shipping address sections.
- Click Save.
Add a customer while creating an invoice
- Click Sales on the left navigation menu and select Invoices.
- Click Create an invoice at the top right of the Invoices page.
- Click Add a customer in the upper left.
- Click Create a new customer at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
- Enter your customer's information in the pop-up box. There are additional tabs like Billing and Shipping within the same box to enter any additional information.
- Click Save.
Your newly created customer will now be added to your invoice, and will be saved in Wave to use in the future.
If you have a lot of customers to add to Wave, use our Google Sheets add-on, Wave Connect, to import your customer list from a spreadsheet.