A Customer is anyone you sell your products or services to. Essentially, your income comes from your customers. In Wave, you can create and send invoices to a Customer for the products and services you offer. A Customer may be a business or an individual.
There are two ways to add a Customer in Wave:
Add a Customer from the Customers page
- Click Sales on the left navigation menu and select Customers.
- On the top right of the Customers page, click Add a customer.
- Fill out your customer information.
- Customer is the only required field where you can enter the name of your customer.
- If you’re sending your customer invoices, you should enter in their email address. If you have more than one email address to send your invoices to, you can add additional addresses by selecting Add contact below the primary contact.
- Enter the first and last name of the person you send invoices to.
- Currency will match your default currency settings unless you change it. If you choose an alternate currency, the currency of the invoice will automatically update when you specify the customer.
- Click Save.
Add a Customer while creating an invoice
- Click Sales on the left navigation menu and select Invoices.
- Click Create an Invoice at the top right of the Invoices page.
- Click Add a customer in the upper left.
- Click Create a new customer.
- Enter your customer's information. There are additional tabs like Billing and Shipping within the same modal to enter any additional information.
- Click Save. Your newly created customer will now be added to your invoice, and will be saved in Wave to use in the future.
If you have a lot of customers to add to Wave, use our Google Sheets add-on, Wave Connect, to easily import your customer list from a spreadsheet.