In Wave, a Customer is anyone you might issue an invoice to, provide a service to, or sell a product to. Essentially, customers are where your income comes from. A Customer may be a business or an individual.
There are two ways to add a Customer in Wave:
Add a Customer in your settings
- Click Sales in the left-hand side menu.
- Select Customers from the drop-down menu.
- On the Customers screen, click Add a customer.
- Fill out your customer information.
- Customer Name is the only required field.
- If you’re sending your customer invoices, you should enter in their email address. If you have more than one email address to send your invoices to, you can add additional addresses by selecting Add contact below the primary contact.
- Enter the first and last name of the person you send invoices to.
- Currency will match your default currency settings unless you change it. If you choose an alternate currency, the currency of the invoice will automatically update when you specify the customer.
- You can click the Toggle additional info link to see more options, and even specify a different shipping address.
- Click Save.
- You'll see your new customer listed on screen. Click the icons to edit the customer's information or to delete the customer.
Add a Customer while creating an invoice:
- From your main 'Invoices' page, click Create an Invoice
- Click Add a customer in the upper left
- Click Create a new customer
- Enter your customer's information. Note the additional tabs to enter information like, for example, a billing or shipping address, or alternate contact details.
- Click Save Your newly created customer will now be added to your invoice, and will be saved in Wave to use in the future.
If you have a lot of customers to add to Wave, use our Google Sheets add-on, Wave Connect, to easily import your customer list from a spreadsheet.