Generate and send a statement
- Click Sales & Payments > Customer Statements in the left-hand menu.
- Select the customer from the Customer drop-down menu that you want to generate a statement for, and the type of statement from the Type drop-down menu. Selecting account activity will require a date range to be entered using the From and To fields.
- Click the Create statement button.
- Click the More actions button to get a shareable link, print the statement, or preview the statement as the customer will see it.
- Click Send statement, ensure your customer’s information is correct, and then click Send.
Once your customer receives the statement, they will be able to select and pay the payment enabled invoices online.
Types of Statements
There are two types of statements in Wave, Outstanding Invoices and Account Activity.
An outstanding invoices statement displays all unpaid invoices for the customer. They can view the invoices that are partially paid, unpaid and past their due date by clicking on the specific invoice in the invoice # column. Your customers can use this statement to view the real time snapshot of their unpaid invoices with your business.
An account activity statement displays the details of all invoices, payments and refunds for that customer within the selected date range. This statement is useful to share a complete history of sales and payments with your customer for record keeping.