If your employees are hourly workers, follow these steps to fill in their timesheets.
Note that salaried workers do not need regular hours entered unless they are being paid in addition to their salary for these hours (overtime). Detailed instructions for both hourly and salaried workers are included below.
For hourly employees
- Click Payroll, then Timesheets in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Use the arrows next to the days of the week to navigate to the weeks included in this payroll.
- Enter the number of hours your employee worked each day. If your employee worked any overtime or used any paid vacation hours, click the arrow next to his or her name.
- Enter the appropriate overtime and paid vacation hours. Any hours entered into the Overtime hours row will be counted at time and a half when your payroll is calculated.
- Click Save Changes to ensure that all entered hours are saved in the system and properly reflected when you approve the payroll.
You're done! Your employee's timesheet is now up to date, and all regular, overtime and vacation hours will be reflected on their paystub. As long as you don't have any overtime or vacation to enter for salaried workers, it's time for Step 6: Pay Your Employees!
For salaried employees
If your employee is compensated with a yearly salary, do not fill in their timesheet unless you would like to record and pay overtime or vacation hours. Wave uses the salary you entered in your employee's profile to calculate their paycheck. Any hours you enter into the field for regular hours will be added to your employee's regular paycheck.
- Click on Payroll, then Timesheets in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Use the arrows next to the days of the week to navigate to the weeks you're including in this payroll.
- Find your employee's name and click on the arrow next to their name to input any overtime or vacation hours.
- In the Overtime hours row, enter any overtime hours your employee worked for that week for which they will be compensated in addition to regular pay, then click Update. Any hours entered into this row will be counted as time-and-a-half when your payroll is calculated, for salaried or hourly employees.
- In the Vacation pay row, enter any paid vacation hours your employee used that week.
- Click Save changes.
You're done! Your employee's timesheet is now up to date and any overtime and vacation hours will be reflected on their paystub. It's time to cross the finish line in Step 6: Pay your Employees!