If you have signed up for Payments by Wave, the default option will be set to "ON", which means that every invoice will have an option for your client to pay by credit card. If, however, you'd like to turn Payments by Wave off for a single invoice, then follow the steps below.
How to turn off payments while creating your Invoice
- Create your invoice and click Save and Continue as shown below
- Click on the Credit Card Payments ON button as displayed here
- Toggle the option to ON.
How to turn off payments on an invoice you have created but not yet sent.
- Click Sales in the menu on the left side of your screen and select Invoices.
- Find the invoice in question. Click on the arrow that appears at the right side of the invoice line.
- Select View from the drop-down menu.
- This will bring you to the View screen. You will see the Credit Payments ON button at the top of the page. To disable payments on this invoice, click on the button and switch the toggle to the OFF position. When you send this invoice, the View and Pay Invoice button will not appear, but it will continue to appear on your other invoices
If you are active on our payments platform, Payments by Wave, you may use the master ON/OFF button found in Settings to set the ability to accept credit card payments off for all invoices. From the Settings menu scroll down to the Credit Card Payments heading and click into Turn ON/OFF to set the ability to accept credit card payments off for all invoices.