To add a new income or expense category:
- Click on your Transactions page and select the Category.
- Select Add new category.
- Choose a Category Group. If you aren't sure, select something that makes sense to you.
- Enter the name of your category.
- Click on Accounting > Chart of Accounts and select Add a New Account.
- Open the drop-down under Account Type and select the most appropriate income or expenses header. Enter an account name, and an account ID if appropriate.
- Click Save. When you navigate back to the Transactions page, you will now see the new account when you go to categorize a transaction.
That's it! You can find a full list of all of your accounts and categories in the Chart of Accounts page.