There are 3 kinds of transactions that will result in an error when you attempt to edit them:
- Transactions labeled as a Transfer
- Transactions labeled as a Payment for an invoice or bill
- Transactions that are entered from the Journal Transactions page
For these types of transactions, you will have to take an additional action in order to re-categorize them. This is because they are already "categorized" as a transfer, payment, moved transaction, or a journal transaction.
Transactions labeled as a Transfer
- Click the arrow on the right that appears when you move your cursor over it.
- Select Unlink Transfer.
- Re-categorize the transactions accordingly to your business needs.
Transactions labeled as an invoice or bill payment
- Select the transaction.
- Click the Show Details tab to expand the view
- Select the Invoice of Bill link and this will redirect you to the invoice or bill where the payment is applied.
- Edit the payment and change the payment account. Or, delete the payment.
Transactions that are entered from the Journal Transactions page
- Locate the transaction categorized as a Journal Transaction.
- Click Show details and Edit Journal Transaction.
A journal transaction cannot be deleted from the Transactions page. You need to click Edit Journal transaction first.
- Click the Transactions tab in the left-hand menu.
- Locate the Transfer, Payment, Journal Transaction you wish to re-categorize and click on it.
- Edit the information according to your business needs in the right-hand details view.