This article applies to Payroll by Wave in Canada.
Follow these steps to change the amount of tax that is deducted from an employee's paycheque:
- Click Payroll, then Employees in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Click on the pen icon next to the employee's name.
- On the left-hand menu click on Tax Details.
- In the Federal claim field enter the amount listed on Line 13 of your employee's federal Personal Tax Credits Return form. We've filled in the default amounts for you.
- In the Provincial claim field enter the amount listed on Line 12 of your employee's provincial/territorial Personal Tax Credits Return form.
- You can also deduct additional tax, or exempt your employee from federal or provincial tax by clicking Show boxes from the back page.
- After each change, make sure you click Update.
You're done! Both federal and provincial tax amounts have been updated and will be reflected on your employee's next paycheque.