How to get your CRA payroll account business number

This article applies to Wave Payroll in Canada.

On your Wave Payroll Tasks & Events page, you may have seen the option to provide a CRA business number. Here's how to get it.

In order for Wave to submit your payroll taxes on your behalf (remittances), you'll need to register with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). 

Most of the time, you can get this number directly from the CRA website. Visit the Canada Revenue Agency for more information or to apply.

You can also apply from your local business registration office, which will be run by your province. Visit this Government of Canada website for more information about starting a business in Canada.

Once you have your CRA number, you can set up Wave to remit payroll taxes to the CRA on your behalf.

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 2 found this helpful