This article is for Payroll by Wave in Canada.
To set up direct deposit, you will need to know the branch, institution, and account number for your bank account.
Your branch (transit), institution and account number are located on the bottom of a cheque from the relevant account, as shown below.If you do not have cheques or cannot find the numbers shown, you will need to contact your bank.
Here's a list of major financial institutions and their institution numbers and their phone numbers in case you need help retrieving your account information:
- 001 - Bank of Montreal 1-800-363-9992
- 002 - The Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank) 1-800-267-1234
- 003 - Royal Bank of Canada 1-800-769-2555
- 004 - Toronto-Dominion Canada Trust 1-866-222-3456
- 006 - Banque Nationale du Canada (National Bank of Canada) 1-888-483-5628
- 010 - Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce - 1-800-465-2422
- 010 - President’s Choice Financial 1-888-723-8881
Last updated on January 3rd, 2014