Follow the steps below to add an employee to Wave's Payroll
- Select Payroll, then Employees in the left-hand navigation menu .
- Select Add an Employee.
- Enter the employee's First name, Last name, Email, and Social insurance number. Entering the employee's email invites your employee to use Wave, which lets them fill in and update their personal information, set up direct deposit, and view and download their pay stubs. Learn more.
- Enter the employee's Home Address, including city, province, postal code, and date of hire.
- Enter your employee's Salary and Salary type (hourly or annual).
- Click Save employee to finish.
Now you're ready to prepare your employee's time sheet, set up their direct deposit and (once all your employees have been added) run payroll.
Please note that if the employee's date of hire is before your last approved payroll, their retroactive pay won't be automatically added onto the next period. This will have to be done manually, using the add to pay feature.
To avoid this scenario, please ensure you are adding employees as soon as they are hired so that they can be included in the pay period during which their employment began.