After you upload a receipt, you will be able to edit its information until you verify it. This is necessary in case the information was not easily read by Wave, or if you need to make changes such as adding tips.
Once you have confirmed that the information is correct, you will want to verify the receipt right away for a couple of reasons:
- First, until you verify this information it will not show up in your accounting or on your Transactions screen.
- Second, you want the information verified as soon as possible in case you lose or accidentally throw out the actual receipt in the meantime, or if the information is so difficult to read that you may not remember the details.
To verify a receipt, follow these steps:
1. Click on Receipts in the menu at the left side of your screen.
2. Find the receipt in question. To help, you can Filter for processed receipts, and you can organize according to Date, Merchant, Category, Account or Total.
3. Click on the arrow that appears to the right of your receipt line when you bring your cursor in that area, and select View/Edit Details from the drop-down menu.
4. A Receipt Details window will appear. In this window you can change any information on the receipt, including the Merchant, Date, Category, Payment Account, Currency, Receipt Type, Subtotal and Total. You can also make Notes regarding the receipt.
5. Once you have ensured the information is correct, click the Verify Receipt button.
You're done! Your receipt is now verified. On your Receipts screen it will appear with a green bar beside it, and you will no longer be able to edit the details or delete the receipt.
Information from the receipt will appear in your accounting and on your Transactions screen.