Firstly, congratulations on starting your own business! That's a big step to take, and we're so excited for you.
Wave is built to empower you, the business owner, to take control of your business finances and help you build the success you've been working for.
The Help Centre - and the entire Wave interface - is written in an easy to understand way to help you streamline your time spent on accounting, so that you can spend your days focused on what really matters: running your business.
A small question mark icon next to specific information in your Wave account means there is additional context or more information available. Click on a question mark to read the text.
The help icon at the bottom right of your Wave account connects you to Mave, our Support chatbot. Learn more about how to get help with Mave.
Some of the features in your Wave account:
- Accounting - Real double-entry accounting, made easy. Monitor your transactions, track expenses and income, attach receipts to transactions, generate reports, and more. It’s a full-featured accounting app for no charge whatsoever, custom made for small businesses.
- Invoicing - When your work is done, make billing as easy as possible for you and for your customers. Create custom invoices on beautifully designed templates, automate reminders to make sure you get paid promptly, and even give your clients the option to pay by credit card.
- Payments - Get paid faster by accepting credit cards, and have the money go right to your bank account.
- Payroll - Keep your employees happy and eliminate the headaches that come from trying to understand payroll taxes and payments to the government. Payroll tracks salaries and hours worked, manages tax deductions, and even includes direct deposit so you don’t have to run around writing and delivering checks.
- Your business dashboard. Use this for a bird's eye view of your business's cash flow, your bank account balances for connected accounts, and shortcuts to adding customers and invoices.
- The Sales & Payments tab. Send invoices, estimates, and customer statements, and add your customers and products and services you offer.
- The Purchases tab. Manage bills, receipts, and other Accounts Payable.
- The Accounting tab. This is where you manage transactions, perform bank reconciliation, and view your Chart of Accounts
- The Banking tab. Add and manage connected bank accounts and any payouts.
- The Payroll tab. Add employees, manage timesheets, and run payroll.
- The Reports tab. Get deep insights into your business's finances.
- Integrations. Connect to features like appointment scheduling, CRM, and email marketing using Zapier or one of our direct partner integrations.
- Settings. Manage your account settings here. You can do things like add guest users, customize your invoices, and export your account data.