Wave Money is currently in limited release and available by invitation only. If you haven’t received an invitation, learn more about Wave Money here.
Deposit a check
- Sign in to your Wave Money app, and on the dashboard, select Deposit Check.
- Take an image of the front and back of your check.
- Enter the amount of the check.
- Enter the relevant details in the From and Memo fields.
- If you have an existing invoice for the check, match it to the deposit. If you received a partial amount, or don’t see the invoice in the suggested list, click on Search for an Invoice, and search by customer name, invoice number, or amount.
If you don’t have an invoice for the check, select Deposit check with no invoice, and select an appropriate account. If you’re not sure of the category yet, leave it uncategorized by selecting Uncategorized Income from the list of accounts.
- Click Confirm check deposit.
That’s it! You’ve successfully deposited your check, and the funds will be available in your Wave Money account in 5-8 business days.
You can also keep track of the deposit on the Wave Money app under your list of transactions. The check deposit transaction will appear with a pending tag until the check clears. If the check deposit fails for any reason, you will receive an email with more information.
To see your check deposit daily and monthly limits, click Settings on the dashboard in your Wave Money app, and select Account limits. The account limits cannot be changed. For more information see terms of service for Wave Money.
Learn how the bookkeeping works in Bookkeeping a check deposited to your Wave Money account.
Transfer money from another bank account
- Select Settings on the dashboard of your Wave Money app to find your account and routing numbers.
- Sign in to the bank account you want to send money from, and follow their process to initiate an ACH transfer using your Wave money account and routing numbers.
Your bank’s standard fees, if any, will apply to transactions initiated from that account.
Set Wave Money as your default payout account with Wave Payments
If you haven’t set up Wave Payments to accept payments on your invoices, follow the instructions here.
If you use Wave Payments, set your Wave Money account as the default payout account to receive payouts, as well as free Instant Payouts if you are eligible.
Follow the instructions here to set Wave Money as your payout account.
Set Wave Money as your payout account with other payment processors
If you use a third-party payment processor, or any application where you need to provide your bank account to have funds deposited, you can set your Wave Money account as the payout account. To set this up:
- Click Settings on the dashboard of your Wave Money app to find your account and routing numbers.
- Sign in to your payment processor’s website and navigate to payout settings (the name may be different depending on the processor). Follow their steps to add or modify your bank account. Enter your Wave Money account and routing numbers where requested.