[Canada] Using a TD1 form

Access both federal and provincial/territorial TD1 forms from the CRA.

The TD1 form determines the amount of tax to be deducted from employee income. Your employees should complete federal and provincial/territorial TD1 forms when being onboarded or within seven days of a change to their personal tax credit amounts. Enter the total claim amount from these forms into employee tax details in Wave. Wave uses this information for income tax calculations as required by Canada Revenue Agency guidance.

If you do not enter any amounts, Wave defaults to the basic personal claim amounts for both federal and provincial/territorial.

Learn how to file a TD1 form.