To maintain accurate financial records in Wave, there are three key steps to follow:
- Import your transactions.
Have a record of your financial activities.
- Categorize your transactions.
See where your money is coming from, and where it’s being spent.
- Reconcile your accounts.
Ensure your reporting in Wave matches exactly with your bank and credit card statements.
Step 2 - How to categorize your transactions
For more information on topics covered in this video:
- Introduction to the transactions page
- Record or edit a payment on an invoice
- Automated bookkeeping with auto-updates
- Manually categorize or recategorize transactions
- What does reviewing a transaction do?
For personalized assistance with bookkeeping, accounting, and payroll in your Wave account, check out Wave Advisors. If you have any questions about working with Wave Advisors, schedule a coaching sales consultation.