Wave’s mobile app combines invoicing and business banking in one place to make it easier for you to effortlessly manage your finances. Learn how to install Wave's mobile app.
Sign up for Wave Money
You can log into the Wave mobile app using your existing Wave account credentials. If you’re having issues accessing your Wave account, learn how to reset or change your Wave password.
- Log in to the Wave mobile app, then select Banking on the bottom menu.
- Tap Get started.
- If you have multiple Wave businesses, select which business you'd like to sign up with. Wave Money is in limited release, and can only be set up for one business at this time.
You cannot change the business your Wave Money account is set up for after you sign up, so make sure you select the right business.
- Select Yes, I'm the only owner to confirm your business has a single owner.
Wave Money is not currently available to multi-owner businesses. You can sign up to be notified when Wave Money is available for you by tapping No, there are multiple owners, then Email me!
- Personalize your new Wave Money Visa® Business Debit Card by entering your business name, select Preview to see how your card will look when it arrives, then tap Confirm card name.
- Select your business type, then enter your business details.
- Upload a valid form of personal identification by selecting the type of government-issued photo ID you want to upload and the issuing country.
You will need to allow Wave Money to access your phone’s camera before you can upload your ID.
- Using your phone’s camera, align the front of the ID with the four corners shown on the screen, and take a clear image of the front of your photo ID.
If the app is having trouble capturing your ID, try again, making sure the image is fully visible, glare-free and not blurry.
- Now turn the ID over and take an image of the back.
- Enter your personal information. The address entered here will be used as your shipping address for your new Wave Money Debit Card. The cell number and email address you enter here will need to be verified in the next step.
- Enter the code sent by SMS to verify your phone number.
- To verify your email, click on the link sent to your email address. Select Got it! in the app to move to the next step.
- Select the checkbox to confirm you are the sole owner of the business, then tap Submit.
- Read the Wave Money Account and Visa Business Debit Cardholder Agreement, then select the checkbox and tap Submit if you agree to it.
Will I need to provide any documents?
After you sign up, Wave reviews your information. This takes two business days. If you have a registered business, you may receive an email from Wave during the review period requesting:
- A document to confirm your legal business name;
- LLCs can provide their Articles of Organization
- Corporations can provide their Articles of Incorporation
- Nonprofits can provide their Organizational Charter/Constitution or Certificate of Formation
- Proof of your EIN;
- Your EIN letter from the Department of Treasury OR
- Your most recent tax return
If your business address does not match the documents provided to confirm your legal business name, or the address registered on your state's website, you will receive an email from Wave requesting additional documentation to verify the current business address. This can be:
- The most recent bank statement for your business
- A telephone or utility bill dated to the last 90 days
- Any other bill your business has received in the last 90 days
These must show your business name and address.
If your business status is not captured on your state’s website, a Certificate of Good Standing may be requested while your documents are being reviewed. If you do not have one, you can contact your state to purchase it (fees will vary from state to state).
When will I receive my card?
Once your information has been reviewed, you will receive email confirmation. Your Wave Money Visa® Business Debit Card normally ships 24 hours later. You will get an email confirming it is on the way.
Most Wave Money Debit Cards arrive within 5 business days. In some cases, shipping can take up to 2 weeks.
Once you receive your Wave Money Visa Debit card, follow the steps in Activate your Wave Money Visa® Business Debit Card.
Can I use my card before it arrives?
While you wait for your card to arrive, you can use your virtual card to make payments online or in person. Tap Start Banking to start using your virtual card with your Wave Money account. Learn more about the Wave Money Visa® Business Virtual Debit Card.