To delete a customer, follow these steps:
- Click on the Sales option on the left-hand menu.
- Click on Customers.
- On the Customers page, find the name of the customer who you would like to delete.
- Select the dropdown arrow at the end of the row.
- Click Delete.
- You’ll be asked to confirm you want to delete the customer. Click Delete again to confirm.
Why can't I delete certain customers?
If you find that you can’t delete a customer, it’s because that customer is associated with an invoice in Wave.
Customers can be associated with multiple items in Wave. These include:
- Recurring invoices
- Transactions on the Accounting > Transactions page
A customer cannot be deleted if they are associated with an invoice, because doing so may have a negative impact on your bookkeeping. If you attempt to delete a customer that is associated with an invoice, you will see this warning:
If you have a duplicate customer profile and cannot delete it because it's associated with invoices, follow the steps in Fix duplicate customer profiles.
Customers associated with transactions, checkouts and active recurring invoices (if there are no generated invoices) can be deleted. Once data is deleted from Wave, it can’t be recovered, so be sure that you want to delete the selected customer.