After a Wave Money customer sends an email money transfer, the recipient receives an email notification. The recipient must follow the prompts in the email to deposit the funds within 30 days, otherwise the transfer will expire.
If you’ve received an email money transfer from a Wave Money customer, follow the steps below to accept the transfer and deposit the funds to the bank account of your choice.
- Select Deposit Now to visit the secure Wave Money portal.
- After the portal loads, select Continue.
- Enter the answer to the security question. You must successfully answer the question to accept the transfer.
You have three attempts to correctly answer the security question the sender created. After three incorrect answers, the transfer is canceled and the funds are returned to the sender’s account.
- Select your bank from the list of popular financial institutions or search for it using the search bar. You’ll be prompted to log in to your online banking and then choose which account you would like to deposit the funds into.
- Review the confirmation screen. On this page, you have the option to save your bank account for faster email transfers in the future. To accept the funds, select Accept transfer.