If your employer uses Wave’s payroll feature, they can send you an invitation to create your own Wave account to view or update your payroll information. You can view your salary and vacation information, pay stubs, and tax forms, and view or update your personal information and bank account details for direct deposit. If you did not receive an invite, reach out to your employer. Learn how employers can invite their employees to Wave.
Once you’ve accepted your employer’s invitation and created a Wave account or signed in to an existing account, you can access the Payroll tab on your personal profile. If you have already created a business in Wave, you have to switch to your personal profile to view your employee data. You can switch to your personal profile by clicking your business name in the top right corner, then selecting Switch businesses > Personal from the menu.
The Personal profile is only available in the web browser version of Wave. To view your Personal profile, first log in to your Wave account at waveapps.com.
View pay stubs, tax forms, and your salary and vacation information
To view and download your pay stubs:
- On the left side menu, click Payroll > Pay Stubs.
- Click on a pay stub to view your detailed statement of earnings.
- To download a PDF file of a pay stub, click on the download icon at the top right of the detailed statement view.
To view and download your tax forms:
- On the left side menu, click Payroll > Tax Forms.
- You can view any available tax forms that have been generated by your employer (in Canada, your T4, and in the United States, your W-2 form). To download a PDF copy, click the download icon under Actions.
To view your salary and vacation details:
- On the left side menu, click Payroll > Salary & Vacation.
This page displays your current salary, along with any history of changes, and the effective date. Only your employer can edit this information. Additionally, if applicable, you will find your employer’s vacation policy, the rate at which vacation is accrued or paid out, and the effective date.
View or update your direct deposit and personal information
If your employer pays you by direct deposit, you can enter and update your bank account information from your personal profile. To view or update your direct deposit bank account information:
- On the left side menu, click Settings, then click Direct Deposit under the Payroll heading.
- Enter or update your bank account details, then click Save.
To view or update your personal information:
- On the left side menu, click Settings, then click Personal Profile under the Payroll heading.
- Enter or update your personal information, including your name, home address, date of birth, and Social Security Number (US) or Social Insurance Number (Canada).
- Click Save.