If you made one lump sum payment for a number of items that belong in different categories, or if a customer paid you a single check to cover several invoices, you'll need to split the transaction and account for each part separately.
- Click on Accounting in the menu on the left side of your screen and select Transactions.
- Click the dropdown arrow to the right of the row under Actions for the transaction you wish to split, and select Edit more details.
- Select the Split transaction button on the left.
- Enter the amounts accordingly. Remember, the total of the splits must equal the transaction total.
- Categorize the splits appropriately.
- Don't forget to click Save!