Wave makes it easy to let other people help with your accounting. You can grant access to a trusted individual — an accountant, bookkeeper, tax preparer or business partner, for example — by inviting that person to be a user.
This article is about how to add a user to work on your accounting profiles. If you are looking for payroll, see: How to invite a user to payroll.
You add a user separately for each business.
- A user on your business will not see your personal finances
- A user on personal finances will not see your business finances
- If you want someone to user on BOTH personal and business, you must grant them access twice (once for each profile)
- If you run multiple businesses in Wave, each one is controlled separately. If you'd like someone (an accountant, for example) to have access to more than one business, you will need to invite them separately for each business.
Here's how to add a user to your business finances:
- Click Settings at the bottom of the lefthand navigation menu.
- Click on Users under User Management.
Click Invite an Editor or Invite a Viewer.
Add their first name, last name, email address and their position with your business. Click Invite User.
Remember, you are granting access to sensitive information, including a history of all your bank and credit card transactions. However, your online banking passwords will NOT be available to the user, since this is saved separately from your accounting information.
If the user does not have a Wave account, they simply enter their email address and a password. Then, they will need to select a personal currency. This is because your user will now have their own Wave account, which includes a personal profile.
If the user is a current Wave user, they will need to click the Add link at the bottom of the email.
On the User Management page, you will now see the pending invitations. The person you invited will receive an email inviting them to your access account.
How to edit or cancel user access:
If you would like to terminate your user's access, go to the User Management page and click on the trash icon beside the user's name. You will be asked to confirm the deletion of this user.