Customize your invoices and estimates in your web browser
- Log in to your Wave account at waveapps.com.
- Click on your business name at the top right corner.
- Click Business settings.
- From the Settings menu on the left, select Invoices and estimates, under the Sales & Payments heading.
Invoices and estimates share the same customization page. Changes made under the General settings section and the Invoice column settings are applied to both invoices and estimates.
To override any of your default settings, you can edit an individual invoice or estimate.
Add or change your logo
- Add your Company logo by choosing a JPEG, PNG, or GIF image from your computer.
- Wave recommends using a logo under 5MB in size, and a maximum of 300 pixels by 200 pixels.
- Make sure Display logo is selected if you want your logo to be visible on your invoices and estimates.
Once you’ve uploaded your logo, click Save all changes.
Select an accent color
- Select an accent color by dragging the slider along the horizontal color-strip, and adjust the tone of the color by dragging the circle around the tone box.
- If you know the hexadecimal code of the color you would like to use, you can also enter it in the hex box.
- As you adjust the accent color, you'll see it change in real-time on the estimate template below.
Choose your template
Choose one of the three available templates by clicking the left or right arrow.
You can change the font of your estimates by switching between the three templates, which have different set fonts. It’s not currently possible to select a custom font.
Turn Wave footer on or off
Click the toggle next to Powered by Wave to add or remove the footer from:
- Customer statements
- Payment receipts
- Invoice payment reminders
Once you’ve made your selections, click Save all changes.
Choose default settings for invoicing including:
- Default payment terms for when a payment is due. You can choose from upon receipt of the invoice, or 15, 30, 45, 60 or 90 days after receipt. You can’t select a custom date to be set by default, but you can select a custom due date on individual invoices themselves.
- Default title for invoices.
- Default subheading that will be displayed below the title of each invoice.
- Default footer that will be displayed at the bottom of each invoice. If you need to include payment terms on all invoices, add them to your default invoice footer.
- Default notes/terms that will appear on each invoice.
Invoice reminder settings
You can toggle this on to automatically send customers a reminder on 3, 7, and 14 days after an invoice's due date. Learn more in Schedule an invoice payment reminder.
Choose a default valid until date, title, subheading, footer, and notes/terms for your estimates. Once you’ve set the defaults, click Save all changes.
Invoice column settings
Customize the column titles of:
- Products or services. You can choose Items, Products, or Services, or enter a custom name by selecting Other.
- Units. You can select from Quantity, Hours and Other.
- Price. Choose from Price, Rate, and Other.
- Amount. The options are Amount or Other.
Optionally, select columns on your invoices to hide.
Click Save all changes once you’ve finished adjusting settings.
Customize your invoices and estimates in the Wave mobile app
- Log in to your account on the Wave mobile app.
- Tap Sales on the bottom menu, then tap Invoices or Estimates in the submenu.
- Tap the three dots at the top right of your screen.
- Tap Invoice and estimate customization.
On this page, you’ll see the options Style, Columns, Invoice defaults, and Estimate defaults. Tap Save to save your changes in each tab.
- To choose a logo, invoice template, and color, tap Style;
- Choose from the three available templates.
You can change the font of your invoices by switching between the three invoice templates, which have different set fonts. It’s not currently possible to select a custom font.
- To upload an image of your logo, tap Logo at the top, then select Upload.
- To choose a custom color for the template, tap Color.
- To add or remove the Wave footer from your customer documents, click the toggle next to Powered by Wave.
- Choose from the three available templates.
- To customize the column names on your invoices and estimates, tap Columns. Tap the required field, then enter your preferred column name. To hide a specific column, scroll down, then toggle the button beside it.
- To change the default payment terms, invoice title, subheading, and footer notes on your invoices, tap Invoice defaults.
- To change the default valid until date, estimate title, subheading, and footer notes on your estimates, tap Estimate defaults.