An invoice reminder is an automatic email message to remind your customer that an invoice is coming due or that it is overdue. This is a great way to stay on top of reminding your customers that you should be getting paid soon. Once you've sent the invoice, you'll have the option to send a reminder.
To set up reminders:
- Go to the Invoices tab and click on the invoice to view it.
- As soon as you've sent the invoice, you'll see options to schedule payment reminders. Note: Your customer will have to have an email address in order to set up a reminder.
- Depending on the invoice date and due date, there are 8 possible options for when a reminder can be sent.
- Once you set up your first reminder, you can set up another if you want. If your customer pays you, and you mark the invoice as paid, any outstanding reminders will not be sent.
That's it! No more worries about reminding your customers about their invoice due dates.
- Reminders are set up on a per invoice basis or per recurring invoice schedule.
- Reminders are sent based on the due date of the invoice.
- For recurring invoices, the due date is determined by the payment terms. For example, if you create an invoice on October 1st and the payment term is 15 days, that means the invoice is due on the 16th of the month. The reminder will be sent based on the due date of the 16th.