To export your transactions, invoices, customers, vendors, bills, receipts, employee information, and pay stubs, follow the steps in this article.
To export your chart of accounts, customers, invoices, and products, use Wave’s Google Sheets integration, Wave Connect.
Viewer and Editor user roles do not have access to export data from a business.
Export your data
- Log in to waveapps.com.
- Open the top right menu by clicking your business name, then click Business settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom, then click Data Export.
- Select which data you would like to export.
- Your accounting data export contains four files, and can be exported in CSV or XLS format. The accounting file contains your journal entries and transactions. The bill items file holds your bill information, the customers file contains your customer profiles, and the vendors file your vendor information.
- Your receipts data export contains a ZIP file of your receipt images, which will be in their original file type.
- There are two different payroll data exports; one is a CSV file of your employee profiles, and the other is a CSV file containing all of your employees' pay stubs. To download your payroll tax forms, follow the instructions in Download payroll tax forms.
- The data export files will be sent to the primary email address you use for Wave. The email may take a few minutes to arrive in your inbox. Once it arrives, click Download Data Export to download your files.
This will only export data for the business profile you're currently on, listed in the top left corner.
The data export feature only allows you to download the files to your device. While there isn’t a print function within Data Export, you can print the downloaded files once they have been saved to your device.
The link doesn’t work
The download link you receive is only active for 24 hours, so make sure you download your export within that time frame. If the link expires you will need to export the data again by following the steps above.
I didn't get the email
If you don’t receive the email with the data export, check your spam folder, and any other filters you may have set up.
If you continue to experience issues with exporting your data, open Mave, Wave’s automated chatbot, and type issue exporting data. Mave will help collect any relevant details and direct you to the appropriate support. Learn how to open Mave in Get support with Wave.