If you are uploading a statement into an account that already exists in Wave, follow the instructions below. If not, you need to add a payment account first.
Download your statement from your bank
First, go to your online banking site and download the statement you want to upload. Wave accepts the following file types:
- Microsoft Money (.Ofx)
- QuickBooks (.Qbo)
- Quicken (.Qfx)
- Simply Accounting (.Aso)
If none of these file types are available from your online banking site, Wave also allows you to upload Comma-Separated Variable (.CSV) files. This is a more complex option, so Wave recommends using one of the four file formats listed above if possible.
Learn more about downloading a statement from your bank.
Upload your statement to Wave
- On the left-side menu, select Accounting > Transactions.
- At the top right, click on the More button and select Upload a bank statement.
- Under step 2, click Choose File and select the statement you downloaded from your bank.
- In the Payment account field, select the appropriate account.
Your statement must be in the same currency as the account you're importing into.
- Click Upload.
- Confirm the information is correct by clicking Confirm date, then Confirm amounts.
- Confirm the column that contains the transaction description by clicking Select description.
- Click Upload my statement to complete the process. You’ll be taken to the Transactions page.
It may take a few moments to process the new transactions. Once processed, they will appear on your Transactions page.