If you already created a single invoice and want to make it recurring, you don't need to create a whole new invoice! Here is how you can create a recurring schedule for an invoice that you have already made:
- Click on Sales in the menu at the left side of your screen and select Invoices.
- Select the invoice that you want to make recurring by clicking on the invoice itself, or clicking the drop-down arrow to the right and selecting View.
- Click More Actions at the top of the page and select Make Recurring from the drop-down menu.
- Choose to Repeat every X number of “Days”, “Weeks”, or “Months”
- Choose when the repetition of the invoices will Start: If you choose to start the recurring invoice schedule today your first recurring invoice will be created immediately.
- Select when the recurring invoice will End
- Select whether you’d like to automatically send an email to the customer, as well as send a copy of that email to yourself. When you will arrive at the Schedule a recurring invoice screen, you will notice that all fields from your previous invoice have been populated appropriately. You can finish the scheduling of the recurring invoice by doing the following:
- Click Approve and start recurring invoice.
As soon as your invoice is scheduled to recur, Wave's scheduling system will automatically create it for you. For example, if you have the recurring schedule to start today, there will be a new invoice created on your Invoice tab. If it is scheduled for three days from now, you will see the invoice created in three days.