Wave lets you choose which methods of payment you accept on invoices. You can set a preferred payment method, turn a specific method of payment on or off, or turn off online payments, for all invoices.
To turn payment methods on or off for a specific invoice only, see Choose accepted payment methods for a single invoice.
Change the default payment settings for all invoices in your web browser
- Open the top right menu by clicking your business name, then click Business settings.
- Under the Sales & Payments heading, click Payments.
- Click the toggles beside the payment types that you want to accept from customers.
If you choose to accept both credit card and bank payments, you can set a preferred method which appears as the default first option to your customers.
- When a payment method is turned on or off, a prompt will appear below the payment type asking if it should be turned on or off for existing invoices. If you want this click Yes. If not, click Not right now.
Change the default payment settings for all invoices in the Wave mobile app
- Tap Dashboard on the bottom menu, then tap More at the top right corner.
- Tap Online payment options.
- Tap the checkbox next to a payment type to turn it on or off.
- Tap Save.
Tapping Save only applies the payment settings to invoices created after saving. To change the payment settings on existing invoices, follow the steps in Turn payments on or off for a single invoice.