You will need to complete payments setup before you can receive payments with Wave. Learn how to set up Wave Payments.
Automatic payments are only available if your customer pays with a credit card. If your customer makes bank payments, they need to manually pay each recurring invoice.
Enable automatic payments on a recurring invoice
If this is your first time creating a recurring invoice, see the Guide to recurring invoices to get started.
In the left navigation menu, click Sales & Payments > Recurring Invoices.
Select the recurring invoice you want to edit.
In the Get Paid section, click Edit, and choose Automatic payments.
There are three options for applying automatic payment:
- If the customer has previously saved credit card information you can select that to be charged, and click Next.
- Click Enter card details, enter the customer’s credit card information, click Save card, and then click Next.
- If you don’t have the card information, click Request Credit Card to send the invoice with a request for your customer to enter their card information for pre-authorization, and click Next.
- Review all of the information for the recurring invoice. If you need to edit anything, click the Edit button beside each section, make the change, then click Save.
- Once you’ve reviewed and confirmed the information, click the Approve and start recurring invoice button.
If you approve the recurring invoice without entering payment information, your customer receives the invoice with a request to enter their credit card information and authorize automatic payments. Once your customer authorizes automatic payments, Wave automatically processes payment each time the invoice is generated and sends a receipt by email.
Learn more about Recurring Invoice statuses, and how to use the Recurring Invoice Scheduler to get the most out of recurring invoices.