You can turn off or change the availability of different payment methods for your invoices at any time.
Wave allows you to adjust your settings around online payments to customize your accepted methods of payment to your liking. You have two options: you can turn off payment types for a single invoice, or turn off payment types for all invoices.
Turning off payment types for a single invoice
- To create an invoice for which you would like bank payments turned off, go to Sales > Invoices > Create an Invoice.
- Once in the invoice creation process, you will see a box at the top of the page that says Online Payments ON. Click on this box to bring up your payment options.
- Use the ON/OFF toggles to determine whether you would like your customer to have the option to pay by bank payment, credit card, both, or neither.
Using this method, payments are turned off for a single invoice only. Future invoices generated for this or other customers will have payments enabled if they are turned on.
Turning off payment options for all invoices
This is the process to follow if you wish to turn off payment methods in full. If you follow this method, the payment methods you turn off will be unavailable to all customers.
If you choose, you can turn off bank payments but continue to process payments by credit card, and vice versa.
- In the left Navigation Menu, select Settings.
- Choose Payments under the Sales header.
- On this page, you will see a box called Turn Payments ON/OFF. Select the slider next to either Bank Payments, Credit Cards, or American Express to turn that method off (or back on) for your business.
The credit card slider must be set to ON to be able to accept American Express payments.