When an invoice gets paid, you can send a payment receipt to your customer. This article walks you through the steps.
Before you can send a payment receipt, you need to make sure the payment is recorded on the invoice. The invoice can either be fully paid or partially paid.
How to send a payment receipt
- Click Sales on the left navigation menu, then select Invoices.
- Under the Get Paid section of the invoice, click Send a receipt.
- In the pop-up that appears, you can do the following:
- If you want to send the payment receipt from an alternate verified email address saved under your business profile, click on your email address in the From field, and choose from the list. To add another email address to your business profile, follow these steps.
- Click Add recipient to send the payment receipt to multiple contacts.
- Edit the subject line, or the message that will appear on the body of the email your customer receives.
You cannot save a customized message to appear by default when sending payment receipts. If you want to customize the message, edit it before you send the receipt.
- Click on the checkbox at the bottom, if you want to send a copy of the email to yourself.
- Click Preview as customer to view how the email would appear to your customer, in a new tab.
- To send the payment receipt, click Send.
Sending invoice receipts automatically (when a payment is recorded), is not an option in Wave. However, if you have a recurring invoice with automatic payments enabled, a receipt is automatically sent every time a customer’s credit card is charged.