Love typing long lists of transactions? No? OK then – here's how to connect your bank accounts to Wave, so that your transactions can update automatically!
To connect a bank account to Wave:
- Click Banking in the left menu select Bank Connections in the drop-down menu.
- If you don’t see your bank or credit card company pictured, use the search bar to find the one you’re looking for.
- Enter the exact same login credentials as you would for online banking and click Connect.
- To maintain security, your financial institution may ask you additional security questions. Enter your answer(s) and continue.
- You’ll be presented with a list of accounts attached to the bank or credit card number you connected to Wave. Use the ON/OFF switch to select which accounts you want to import, and for each please select:
- Which business profile you want to import these transactions into (note that only one profile can be selected)
- Which existing account you want your transactions to import into (for example, if you've already added a 'Checking account' to your 'Accounting' page, you can select this to have your transactions import there)
- How far back you want to import your historical transactions from (note that most banks only allow us to access the most recent 30-90 days of your transactions)
That’s it! Now Wave will finish connecting with your bank or credit cards, and will import your transactions. You can continue to the Transactions page to see your imported transactions.