Love typing long lists of transactions? No? Here's how to connect your bank accounts to Wave, so that your transactions can update automatically.
To connect a bank account to Wave:
- Click Banking > Connected Accounts in the left-hand navigation menu.
- If you don’t see your bank or credit card company pictured, use the search bar to find the one you’re looking for.
- In the window that pops up, enter the exact same login credentials you would for your online banking and click Submit.
- To maintain security, your financial institution may ask you additional security questions. Enter your answer(s) and continue.
- If there are multiple accounts associated with the banking credentials you entered, you have the option to select which accounts you want to connect to Wave. Click the checkmark next to all accounts you want to connect.
- You'll be asked which existing account you want your transactions to import into (for example, if you've already added a 'Checking account' to your 'Accounting' page, you can select this to have your transactions import there).
- You'll also be asked to indicate how far back you want to import your historical transactions. You can import up to 18 months of transactions for an account. Click Save and Continue.
- Make sure the Accounting toggle is set to On for the accounts you're connecting so that your transactions will import automatically. Wave will automatically create an account under your Chart of Accounts for every new account you connect.
Wave will finish connecting with your bank or credit cards, and will import your transactions automatically. Transactions will update every 24 hours. Navigate to Accounting > Transactions to see your imported transactions.
To delete a bank connection, click Banking > Connected Accounts, and select the trash can icon next to the connection you want to delete. Deleting a bank connection will remove all accounts associated with that connection, and all imports for those accounts will stop. Data that was previously imported won't be affected.
Bank connections are available to businesses in the US and Canada. Please log into your Wave account to view this content or learn how to upload bank or credit card statements.