Connect a bank account
- Log in to your Wave account at waveapps.com.
- On the left-side menu, click Banking > Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect account.
- Select from the banking options presented on the screen or enter your bank or credit union’s name in the search bar.
If you have an existing connection and want to connect another account, first click Connect account at the top right.
- In the window that pops up select Continue, then enter the same login credentials you use to sign in to your online banking and click Submit.
- If your financial institution asks additional security questions after you sign in, enter your answer(s) and continue.
- If you have multiple accounts under the same financial institution, click the checkmark next to the account(s) you want to import transactions from.
- When you connect a new bank or credit card account, by default Wave creates a new account under your Chart of Accounts (Accounting > Chart of Accounts) for each account you toggle imports on for. If you delete and reconnect a bank account, Wave will prompt you to select an account under your Chart of Accounts to import transactions to, which allows you to choose an existing account. If you leave your selection blank. Wave will automatically create a new account for you.
- Choose how far back you want to import your transactions. Depending on your bank, you may be able to import up to 18 months of transactions.
Make your selection and click Save and continue.
- Confirm the toggle is set to on for the accounts you want to connect. This ensures your transactions import automatically.
Transactions generally update every 24 hours, but this frequency is determined by your bank. Some banks may only make new data available every 3-5 business days.
Your transactions will be imported to Accounting > Transactions.
Turn automatic transaction imports on or off for individual accounts
If you have multiple accounts associated with a bank connection, you can turn imports on or off for each account individually. To turn imports on or off:
- On the left-side menu, select Banking > Connected Accounts.
- Choose the account, and set the toggle to off to stop automatic transaction importing.
Resume transaction imports by switching the toggle back on.