You can only enter one discount per invoice.
Add a discount to an invoice in your web browser
- Log in to your Wave account from waveapps.com.
- Click Sales & Payments > Invoices.
- Click Create an invoice on the top right or select an existing invoice and click Edit Invoice.
- Below the subtotal select Add discount.
- From the dropdown menu select $ to enter a dollar amount or % to enter a percentage value.
- Enter the dollar amount or percentage of the subtotal.
A line labelled Discount appears below the subtotal, reducing the total of the invoice before tax is calculated. You can only enter one discount per invoice.
When you apply a discount to an invoice, Wave takes care of the accounting for you.
The first time you approve an invoice with a discount, Wave will create an account called Sales Discounts. This account is located in your Chart of Accounts under the Income tab.
Discounts appear as negative amounts on your Profit & Loss Report because they reduce your income.
Add a discount to your invoice in the Wave mobile app
- Log in to the Wave mobile app.
- Select Invoices from the bottom menu.
- Tap the + button at the top right to create a new invoice, or swipe left on an existing invoice from the list and tap Edit invoice.
- Scroll down to the Amount due section, and tap Add discount.
- Select whether the amount will be in dollars or a percentage of the subtotal, and enter an amount.
- Tap Add discount.
- Tap Save.