An invoice payment reminder is an automatic email message to remind your customer that an invoice is coming due or that it is overdue. This is a great way to professionally follow up with your customers and make sure you get paid.
To set up invoice payment reminders:
- Go to the Invoices tab and click on an invoice to view it.
- As soon as you've sent the invoice in Wave (or marked as sent if you are using another method) you'll see options to schedule payment reminders.
- Depending on the invoice date and due date there are various possibilities for when a reminder can be sent.
- Outstanding reminders will not be sent once the invoice has been fully paid.&ndsp;
To view your invoice payment reminder settings:
Navigate to Settings > Invoice Customization. > Reminder Settings.
If the checkbox is selected reminders will be defaulted on for 3, 7 & 14 days after the due date of all invoices sent. This only applies to new invoices you create. Remember to click Save at the bottom of the page to apply the changes you've made.
If you choose to deselect the checkbox you will need to manually schedule payments reminders for each of your invoices.
- Note that your customer must have an email address on file in order to set up a reminder.
- Reminders won’t be sent after an invoice has been marked as fully paid.
- Reminders are sent based on the due date of the invoice.
- Duplicating an invoice will also duplicate the reminder schedule for that invoice.