Businesses that accept online payments or subscribe to Wave’s Pro Plan can schedule and send payment reminders through Wave. Learn about Wave’s plans and how to subscribe or how to set up online payments.
Schedule invoice payment reminders
Scheduled reminders will only be sent to the primary email associated with your customer's contact information. To send reminders to additional contacts, you will need to send them manually. To manually send a reminder, follow the steps in Send an invoice payment reminder.
To schedule invoice payment reminders:
- Log in to your account at waveapps.com.
- Click Sales & Payments > Invoices and click on an invoice to view it.
- After you send the invoice in Wave (or mark it as sent), you'll see options to schedule payment reminders.
To schedule a reminder, select the checkbox. You can choose to schedule one or more reminders: on the due date, 3, 7, and/or 14 days after the due date.
The available reminder options depend on the invoice date and due date. For example, if it has been 4 days since the due date, the 3 days after option will be grayed out.
Reminders aren't sent after an invoice has been marked as fully paid.
View or change your default invoice payment reminder settings
- Open the top right menu by clicking on your business name.
- Click Business settings > Invoices and estimates > Reminder settings.
- Select the checkbox to send reminder emails 3, 7, and 14 days after the due date of all invoices sent. This only applies to new invoices you create.
- Click Save all changes to apply the change you've made.
To turn reminders off, deselect the checkbox. All currently scheduled reminders for existing invoices will be turned off, so you will be asked to confirm this change, by clicking Turn off all reminders. You will now need to manually schedule payment reminders for each of your invoices.
This setting does not apply to Recurring Invoices.